As one of the UK’s top Smart Cities, we’re delighted to be part of the UK government’s stand at the 2019 Smart City Summit and Expo in Taipei this week (26 – 29 March 2019).
Peterborough is among the UK’s top 5 fastest growing cities and we’re a hotbed of innovation with one of the highest business start-up rates in the country.
Our Future Peterborough team is dedicated to making sure our city works as efficiently as possible for businesses and residents. The Smart City Leadership Programme and Circular Economy initiatives are internationally respected for how they’ve improved Peterborough’s economic resilience and sustainability. We want to share what we’ve learnt with other cities and regions around the world to develop more best practice examples and support more cities on their smart city and circular economy journeys.
- Delivers a DFID-funded Smart City Leadership Programme for the Indian city of Amaravati and for the state of Madhya Pradesh
- Played a lead role in the development of British Standards Institute’s (BSI) suite of Smart City Standards
- Chair of the BSI’s Smart and Sustainable Cities Committee (SDS/2)
- A founder member of the Cities Standards Institute
- Attends the All Party Parliamentary Group on Smart Cities
- A member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s Circular Cities Network
- The team has presented at over 50 international conferences and continues to acquire local, national and international media coverage peaking with the ‘World Smart City Award’ in 2015
A few of our achievements:
- Peterborough named World Smart City 2015
- Peterborough ranked among the top 10 Smart Cities in the UK 2017 by Huawei
- Circular Peterborough Commitment recognised in the World Economic Forum’s Circular Economy in Cities White Paper as an example of leading the transition to circular economy through collaboration
- Recognised as a leading city in the circular economy transition and invited to present at the World Circular Economy Forum (WCEF)in Helsinki, alongside Vancouver, New York and Amsterdam.
- Share Peterborough, the city’s resource sharing platform for businesses, highly commended at the UK’s national Local Government Chronicle (LGC) Awards 2018.
- Recognised as a leading circular economy city for our work to measure the impact of circular economy by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation alongside Amsterdam, Brussels, San Francisco and Toronto.
We’d love to tell you more about doing business in Peterborough and our Smart City and circular economy programmes.
Come and find us on stand i114.
Downloads (with Mandarin translation):
For more information about Peterborough, please visit investinpeterborough.co.uk