The exciting new things you can do on our sharing platform – Share Peterborough
Since the launch of the Share Peterborough platform in December 2016, we’ve been continuing to engage with local organisations, finding out how they’re using the site and understanding what they wish the site could do, that it doesn’t already. This has led to the development of three exciting additional features on Share Peterborough:
- Creating groups or networks – you can now create groups on the site to exclusively share resources between members.
- Capturing the impact of each transaction – you can now see the positive social, economic and environmental impact of each successful ‘share’ on the platform, from amount of waste diverted from landfill to the number of hours you’ve donated. You can also leave a comment or review after each transaction.
- New user levels – you’ll now be able to showcase your commitment to sharing and creating a more circular economy by being awarded a badge to reflect your level of activity, from ‘New user’ to ‘Circular Hero’.
All your questions answered…
Groups & Networks
What type of groups or networks could I create?
You can create a group for a local business network, a specific geographic area, an office building, an industry sector, your supply chain, or even your organisation (if you have lots of departments!).
How do I create a group? How do I become part of a group?
All you need to do is navigate to the main menu, select ‘Groups’ and then ‘Create Group’.
Groups > Create Group
Then simply add a name, select a category and include a short description. You also need to select whether you’d like the group to be private or not. Creating a private group means that other users of the site won’t be able to see which organisations are group members or apply to join, members will need to invite other organisations to join.
What’s in it for me… why should I fill out the impacts form?
Once you’ve received or shared an item on the site, you will be directed to fill out a simple form. Depending on what’s been shared, you might be asked how much money/time this transaction has saved you, the amount that has been diverted from landfill or the amount of time you’ve donated. With the exception of the amount of money that the site has saved your business, these impacts will then be immediately shown on your business profile, so that you can showcase the positive environmental, social and economic impact your organisation is having locally.
With a click of a button, you can then share this on your social media channels!
I’ve already had a few success stories, how can I make sure that the impacts of these are captured?
To make sure that the impacts of previous success stories show on your business profile, you’ll need to quickly fill out the impact forms. To do this, navigate to the main menu and select ‘Our Impact’ and then ‘My Incomplete Success Stories’. Then simply fill out the short form(s) – we promise it will only take a matter of seconds!
What do the user levels mean?
The different user levels relate to the number of listings you’ve created on Share Peterborough and also the number of success stories you’ve had. The different user levels equate to the following achievements:
- New User – you’ve just registered on Share Peterborough #newbie
- Change Maker – you’ve created 3 listings on the site. You’re starting to change how your organisation does things, which is not only contributing to improving the resilience of your business, but also creating a more sustainable city! #bethechange
- Super Sharer – you’re a sharing pro! You’ve had 5 success stories on the site and you’re now seeing the impact this is having on your business and the wider community. #sharingiscaring
- Circular Hero — you’ve had an epic 20 success stories on the site! You’re increasing the utilisation of assets within your organisation and making sure nothing goes to waste… a true inspiration to other local businesses and contributing to our ambition of creating a Circular City! #businessgoals
How do I progress to the next level?
Keep up the good work! Make sure you’re regularly creating listings on the site, and remember to mark each successful transaction on the site as ‘complete’. To check whether you have any outstanding success stories, you can go to ‘My Impact’ > ‘My Incomplete Success Stories’.
- Make sure the rest of your team know about Share Peterborough and how it can be used. The more people that know about it, the more opportunities you’ll find to use it!
- Check whether you’re signed up to our weekly email digest. You can do this by checking your user settings. This will mean that you can find out about the latest items on Share Peterborough that match your business interests – and you’ll receive this every Friday afternoon straight to your inbox.
- Set aside 20 mins to do a quick office de-clutter! You’ll be making more space in your office and also making it look smarter for when you have those unexpected visits. Whether you find unused folders, printers or even outdated promo material, you can put all of this on Share Peterborough. And even if you think no one will want it, remember… one person’s waste, really is another person’s treasure!
Want to find out more about using the site and brush up your skills? We hold regular workshops, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out when the latest one is!
If you haven’t joined Share Peterborough yet, remember it’s completely free to do so and only takes a minute to sign up, simply click here.